Category Archives: Life with Diabetes

Amelia McIver reviews theMedtronic Minimed Paradigm

  If you’re considering a pump for your child with diabetes, who would be better to tell you what it’s like than a fellow child? We’re excited and proud to see that a member of the local T1D community has … Continue reading

Posted in Life with Diabetes, product reviews | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Roadmap to a Cure: a recap of Joshua Levy’s T1 Topics talk

A cure for diabetes. It’s what every person with diabetes (as well as those who love them) wants. Diabetes was identified in ancient times (as early as 1500 BC), but physicians were powerless to effectively treat it until the discovery … Continue reading

Posted in events, Life with Diabetes, speakers | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Making our voices heard

In the quest towards a cure for diabetes, there are a multitude of pathways researchers are taking, but there is one thing they all have in common: they must all pass the scrutiny of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, … Continue reading

Posted in events, Life with Diabetes | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

50 Years With Diabetes: An Interview With Hilary Freeman

The number 50 is usually a cause for celebration. In numerology, the number 50 is associated with freedom, wealth and success. Bargain hunters cheer when they see flyers advertising 50% off at their favorite store. Couples are toasted on their … Continue reading

Posted in diabetic alert dogs, Life with Diabetes, speakers | Tagged , | Leave a comment

“Not Even Half Way There” by Noor Alramahi

Almost 95% of the time I have had a T1D related conversation with someone new I get asked the inevitable question, “How long have you had Diabetes for?” (the other 5% of the time, I volunteer that information myself). My … Continue reading

Posted in Life with Diabetes | Leave a comment

An Unwelcome Guest by Tammy Craft

An unwelcome guest lives in Katie’s life, as you may very well know.Messing daily with her blood sugars, too many highs and awful lows.Causing sleepless nights and sluggish days, and even fits of rage.To keep this guest under control is … Continue reading

Posted in Life with Diabetes | 2 Comments

Mother – Daughter Relationships: They Don’t Have to be Hard by Noor Al Ramahi

Last Mother’s Day I wrote a public letter, addressed to my mom, called “My Mother’s Eyes”. I guess that was my way of dealing with (and maybe even apologizing) for the roller-coaster ride I put my mom through growing up … Continue reading

Posted in Life with Diabetes | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

‘Tis the Season for Giving: Top 10 Reasons to Give to Carb DM

Don’t ask us—ask them! #10: “Counting carbs and adjusting insulin are only a small part of managing diabetes. Maintaining a positive outlook is equally important. Carb DM does exactly that. It is a natural extension of our efforts in clinic, bringing people … Continue reading

Posted in Life with Diabetes | Leave a comment

Thankful for Diabetes!! By Noor Al Ramahi

I kept going through facebook statuses on my phone, reading all the things people were thankful for this year and it got me thinking about all the blessings in my life. I wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation in … Continue reading

Posted in Life with Diabetes | 2 Comments

Spreading Hope Through Innovation

This weekend, Carb DM celebrated its Second Anniversary with a close group of friends and supporters. We were fortunate to have Dr. Ed Damiano, from Boston University, as our guest speaker at the event. These were the remarks I made … Continue reading

Gallery | Leave a comment