- Coffee & Carbs, a gathering for parents and caregivers of children with T1D. Join us for coffee.
- Date & Time: Thursday, August 21, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Location: Esther’s German Bakery & Cafe, 987 N. San Antonio Road, Los Altos.
- Carbs in the Park, a gathering for families living with T1D.
- Is your child newly diagnosed?
- Has your child never met another kids with T1D?
- Is your child going to camp?
- Are you going to family camp?
- Has it been a while since you hung out with other T1D families?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this is the place for you! Come out to meet other families who walk in your shoes and truly get it. Introduce your child to other cool kids with T1D and help your non-T1D kids see that their family is not the only one where things are a little crazy!
We gratefully acknowledge Animas for providing refreshments for this program.
- Date & Time: Sunday, July 27, 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Location: Serra Park, 730 The Dalles Ave, Sunnyvale
- Little Carbs in the Park, is a gathering for younger children living with T1D, their siblings, parents, and extended families.
- Date & Time: Friday, August 8, 3:00 – 5:00 pm
- Location: Johnson Park, Palo Alto
- Beer & Basals, a gathering for adults with T1D.
- Date & Time: Monday, July 28, 7 – 9 pm
- Location: LYFE Kitchen, 167 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto
- Type 1 Topics, a speaker series covering a variety of topics relevant to the type 1 community.
- A1 Teens, fun outings for teens with T1D and their friends.
Ready, Set, Go College, Carb DM and JDRF invite you to a day of learning for teens, young adults, and parents on August 6th & 7th. With a panel of T1D parents and young adults who are either in or recently finished college. Get answers to questions.
- Can I travel to study abroad?
- How do I count carbs in the cafeteria?
- How do I tell my roommate I have diabetes?
- What about drinking?
- Do I have special privileges?
- Date & Time: Thursday, August 7, 6:30 – 9 pm
- Location: Parents Place, 2001 Winward Way, San Mateo