- Coffee & Carbs, a gathering for parents and caregivers of children with T1D. Join us for coffee.
- Date & Time: Thursday, October 16, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Location: Esther’s German Bakery & Cafe, 987 N. San Antonio Road, Los Altos.
- Carbs in the Park, a gathering for families living with T1D.
Pumpkin Carbing: Halloween/ Fall season is finally here! Bring your costumes, scary faces and meet us at the park for a day of pumpkin carving.
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 26, 2 – 4 pm
- Location: McKenzie Park, Los Altos
Carbs in the Park: 4th Annual Ice Skating Party. Join us for great winter fun on ice with family and friends! After cooling down on the ice warm up with hot chocolate.
- Date & Time: Sunday, November 30, 11 am – 12:30 pm
- Location: Winter Lodge, 3009 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto
- Little Carbs in the Park, a gathering for younger children living with T1D, their siblings, parents, and extended families. Then join us for WDD Light the Town in Blue to celebrate our heroes on World Diabetes Day. Don a Carb DM WDD T-shirt and light up Downtown Los Altos with blue balloons and glow sticks.
- Date & Time: Friday, November 14, 3 – 5 pm
- Location: Shoup Park, 400 University Ave, Los Altos
- Beer & Basals, a gathering for adults with T1D.
- Date & Time: Monday, October 27, 7 – 9 pm
- Location: LYFE Kitchen, 167 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto
- Type 1 Topics, a speaker series covering a variety of topics relevant to the type 1 community.
WDD Celebrating Local Heroes with Korey Hood, Ph.D.: How My Life Changed After I “Caught” Diabetes. Join Korey K. Hood, Ph.D. Professor of Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Stanford University School of Medicine, as he shares his story of living with diabetes. His diagnosis, his career choices, how it has influenced his life, and inspired him to run the 2014 Boston Marathon.
- Date & Time: Thursday, November 13, 7 – 9 pm
- Location: Parents Place, 200 Channing Avenue, Palo Alto
WDD: Keep It Real Food Company launch party! Keep It Real Food Company launch party! Kitchentown presents: KEEP IT REAL FOOD CO LAUNCH PARTY and World Diabetes Day reception proceeds going toward Carb DM. KitchenTown is a makers’ kitchen for artisan food producers with a neighborhood cafe and store in San Mateo.
- Date & Time: Saturday, November 15, 4 – 7 pm
- Location: Kitchentown, 1001 Howard Ave, San Mateo