Type 1 Topics: Progress Toward the Artificial Pancreas: Join us for a research update with Dr Bruce Buckingham and Dr. Trang Ly, a visiting scholar at the department of pediatric endocrinology at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
Drs. Buckingham and Ly run AP studies on a variety of different AP systems with adults and pediatric patients.
- Date & Time: January 21, 2015, 7pm – 9pm
- Location: Parents Place, 200 Channing Ave, Palo Alto
Carbs in the Park Go Bowling: Carbs in the Park is a monthly family gathering where children can meet other children living with T1D. Being around others living with diabetes helps children realize they are not alone in this experience and therefore reduces feelings of sadness, anger, shame, and isolation. It also exposes them to different ways of managing diabetes and encourages them to try new things such as insulin pumps and diabetes camps.
- Date & Time: January 25, 2015, 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Location: Bowlmor Lanes, 10123 N Wolfe Rd, Cupertino, CA
Beer & Basals: A casual gathering for adults who want to get to know others living with T1D and expand their circle of support.
- Date & Time: January 26, 2015, 7pm – 9pm
- Location: LYFE Kitchen, 167 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto, CA
Coffee & Carbs: A gathering for parents and caregivers of children with type 1 diabetes.
- Date & Time: TBD
- Location: Esther’s German Bakery & Cafe, 987 N. San Antonio Road, Los Altos
Registration now open for the 2015 Bay Area Diabetes Summit: March 14, 2015, 8am – 4pm, Oshman Family JCC, 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto, CA 94303