- Carbs in the Park, a monthly family gathering where children can meet other children living with T1D. Being around others living with diabetes helps children realize they are not alone in this experience and therefore reduces feelings of sadness, anger, shame, and isolation. It also exposes them to different ways of managing diabetes and encourages them to try new things such as insulin pumps and diabetes camps.
Get together for back-to-school fun with other T1D families that understand what you are going through. Have fun and enjoy the day while sharing tips and tricks to get you through the school year.
- Date & Time: Sat, September 13, 10am – 1pm
- Location: Fred Festersen Park, 2150 Village Green Dr. Roseville
- Beer & Basals, a gathering for adults with T1D.
- Date & Time: Thursday, September 18, 7 – 9 pm
- Location: Hoppy Brewing Company, 6300 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento
- Hosted by: Patrick Martin, Tandem Diabetes
For future dates and other upcoming programs, see our calendar.