Mother Daughter Weekend 2020 T-Shirt Contest Official Contest Rules
Call for Artists: Thank you for your interest in Carb DM’s Mother Daughter Weekend T-Shirt Contest! We are seeking artists who are girls aged 17 and under with type one diabetes to create original, inspiring, artwork featuring the theme “type-one-derful.” This phrase may appear in the design, or may simply serve as inspiration for the design. The winning design will be printed on t-shirts that will be distributed for Mother Daughter Weekend participants, and may additionally be sold as a fundraiser for Carb DM.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR CARB DM’S MOTHER DAUGHTER WEEKEND T-SHIRT CONTEST
1. The contest is open to anyone in the Carb DM community and the general public who identifies as a female, aged 17 years or younger.
2. Entries must be submitted by the artist/designer’s legal guardian.
3. All entries must be original creations of the contestant, have never been published, and must not contain trademarks, logos, or copyrighted works of any other person or business.
4. If your entry is selected to be reproduced on a t-shirt, the winning artisan/designer who created the winning entry will receive a t-shirt and a $50 gift certificate to be announced later.
5. By submitting a design to Carb DM’s Mother Daughter Weekend T-Shirt Contest, the artisan/designer hereby turns over property rights for exclusive use and reproduction of submitted design(s) to Carb DM for all actions that support the needs of the organization, including those that provide financial support for Carb DM and its programs.
6. Carb DM may use any submitted design(s) at any time after the contest for any purpose without any form of notification, consent, or payment to the original artisan/designer who submitted the design.
7. All artisan/designers may display their own design in a portfolio or personal collection, but may not sell or reproduce the design for any other purpose once submitted to the contest.
8. The artisan/designer agrees to allow Carb DM the opportunity to manipulate, add to, or remove specific content from the submitted design.
9. Winning designs may be selected by a select group of Carb DM staff, community members, or the general public.
10. The contest begins on February 18th
11. The entries must be submitted online by 11:59 P.M. PST on March 1st, 2020.
12. FORM OF ENTRIES:
- The entry should be accompanied by your name, t-shirt size and contact information.
- The entry may be created as either
- A graphic drawn on 8-1/2” x 11” paper (scanned for submission)
- A digital design (dimensions 12” by 12”)
- All entries must be submitted as high resolution digital files
- Use of Carb DM’s colors & logo may be incorporated in the design
- The theme of the design is “type-one-derful” which can be incorporated as text into the actual design, or serve as inspiration for the design.
- If your design is selected to be produced, Carb DM may contact you to obtain a higher resolution version of your design if needed.
13. Carb DM reserves the right to pick one entry, more than one entry, or no entries as the winning entry.
14. Carb DM reserves the right to terminate this contest at any time, effective on the date of issuing the termination notice, and is under no obligation to give notice prior to the date of termination.
15. You agree that upon submitting an entry, you agree to the outlined rules and regulations acknowledging your acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules including that all submitted design will be the property of Carb DM.
16. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.