2017 Bay Area Diabetes Summit
Date & Time
Date(s) - Mar 5, 2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
About the Program
The 4th Annual Bay Area Diabetes Summit is back and will be better than ever with nationally renowned speakers as well as our local type 1 celebrities.
DYF will be offering a kids camp taking advantage of Chabot College’s great outdoor spaces and gym, so kids will be engaged in fun indoor & outdoor age-appropriate activities.
We’re thrilled to announce our morning speakers:
- Will Cross, T1D, mountain climber. In his talk titled, What’s Your Everest? Cross takes his audience through his three-year journey to the top of Mount Everest. Cross seeks to get the message out that if he can control his diabetes in these conditions, no one should feel hindered by diabetes, and he encourages his audience to find the explorer within themselves. Will Cross’s participation is part of Tandem Diabetes Care’s Live Life in Full Color speaker series.
- Henry Anhalt, DO, T1D Exchange Chief Medical Officer. T1D Exchange: From Data Exchange to Change: How The T1D Exchange Program is Working to Bring About Real Change in Patient Outcomes
- Qizhi Tang, PhD, Professor of Surgery Division of Transplant Surgery, Director Transplantation Research Laboratory, University of California San Francisco. Can We Stop Diabetes By Taming the Immune System?
- Diana Naranjo, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences – Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Stanford University. Developing Resilience and Positive Coping Strategies for Living Successfully with Diabetes.
- Aaron Kowalski, MD, Chief Mission Officer and Vice President, Research, at JDRF – Automated Insulin Delivery Devices State of the Field: Where We Are? Where We Are Going? When Will We Get There?
- Summit Fee: $35 Per Person.
- Camper Registration: $25 per child. If you have more than three children, email email@example.com
- Scholarships available, email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scholarships.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Chabot Community College