Each month, Carb DM offers parents and adults with T1D opportunities to hear professionals speak on a variety of topics that are of interest and importance to people living with type 1 diabetes.
Wednesday, May 22, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
“Hormones: What Do the Other Hormones Do and How Do They Affect Diabetes?”
A presentation and discussion with Dr. Saleh Adi, MD
A pediatric endocrinologist, diabetes specialist and Director of Pediatric Diabetes Outpatient Services at UCSF Children’s Hospital and the UCSF Diabetes Center.
Location: Parents Place, 200 Channing Avenue corner of Emerson, Palo Alto. Free parking is available.
Admission is free; a $15 donation is suggested.
To find out about our programs join our mailing list.
Past talk topics have covered:
- Surviving the Teen Years - JoAnne Robb, MS, Marriage and Family Therapist Intern and mother of teen with T1D.
- T1D and the Brain - Tandy Aye, MD, Pediatric Endocrinologist, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- Using technology to manage T1D—understanding basal rates. Dr. Saleh Adi, Director, The Madison Clinic for Pediatric Diabetes, UCSF.
- New Technologies for Managing T1D and Research Toward the Artificial Pancreas: Dr. Bruce Buckingham, Pediatric Endocrinologist, LPCH
- Transitioning Care to Your Teens: Joe Solowiejczyk, RN MSW CDE
- Parenting children and teens with T1D—A Research Review of What Works: Linda Miller, LCSW
You can read a brief summary of past talks.