A Family Symposium on Living Well with Diabetes
Carb DM joins up with JDRF, Diabetic Youth Foundation (DYF) and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford to host this one-day symposium with educational sessions on type 1 topics.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other families living with type 1, to learn helpful techniques and strategies, and hear about the latest research!
While you attend the sessions, your children and teens can attend an on-site day camp Diabetic Youth Foundation (DYF). Cost of $15 per child/teen. $40 for 3 or more children.
T1D & Me Symposium Schedule and Speakers
- 8 to 9 AM – Registration, Diabetes Resource Fair & Breakfast
- 9 to 10 AM – Welcome and keynote address by Ryan Reed (adult with T1D, NASCAR Race Car Driver)
- 10 AM to 12 PM – Speakers from Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford:
- Dr. Tandy Aye: Food for Thought; T1D and the Brain
- Dr. Bruce Buckingham: What I Learned at Diabetes Camp Last Summer
- Dr. Darrell Wilson: Path to Prevention
- 12 to 1 PM – Lunch & Diabetes Resource Fair
- 1 to 3 PM – Two afternoon breakout sessions to chose from:
- Dr. Saleh Adi, Clinical Professor, Pediatric; Director, Madison Clinic for Pediatric Diabetes at UCSF. Q&A on Pumps, CGMs, and using technology to manage diabetes,
- Screening of DxOne followed by moderated discussion with Dr. Diana Naranjo, clinical psychologist, Madison Clinic for Pediatric Diabetes at UCSF.
- Barry Conrad, RD, CDE from Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Pediatric Diabetes Clinic. Q&Aon Nutrition, Exercise, and Balancing BGs.
Date & Time: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 9 am to 3 pm
Location: Oshman Family JCC, Palo Alto, 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto
Cost: Free! Lunch provided. (additional fee for child/teen camp)
A pool party for children twelve and under and their families at the JCC’s indoor water park following the Symposium. Pool party reservations are full, but you can be added to the waiting list.
Financial assistance is available for both the kids camp and pool party.