Coyote Point 5K
Date & Time
Date(s) - Jan 26, 2019
8:00 am - 11:00 am
About the Program
The Coyote Point 5K is an annual race benefiting Carb DM, an organization dedicated to empowering and building a supportive community for children, teens, adults and families affected by type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- Parking is conveniently located near the kickoff at the Duck Pond Picnic Area. Second left turn after you enter the park. Follow the signs.
- This mostly flat course (there are a couple of ascents, including one towards the end) promises great views and interesting twists and turns, it is great for all experience levels.
- Race takes place rain or shine. Check the weather forecast for the day and dress in layers as the morning will be cool and it will warm up towards the end of the run.
- No need to bring in registration confirmations or waivers signed online.
- Water and snacks will be provided.
- No packet pick up. Just show up the morning of the race.
Check In/ Registration: 8 AM
Race Start: 9 AM
$45 per individual, $40 per additional person registered under your name
Race fee will go to $50 after January 18th, 2019
Every registered runner will receive a t-shirt, finisher’s medal and pancake breakfast at the finish.
Special prizes for first place in age groups and overall.
Couch to 5K Training Program
New this year, Carb DM and Type One Run are working together to host a FREE 6 week Couch to 5K training program leading up to the race. For those who are not avid runners, it is a great opportunity to get training advice from some expert T1D runners, and join in on some organized group runs in January. The program will provide a detailed training calendar and ongoing coaching to help make sure everyone is ready to go come race day.
Questions? Contact Eric Planzer at firstname.lastname@example.org